Hey guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeboStevo

A little while ago...about 3 or 4 months, some of you helped me with my female beardie Stella. She had the begining stages of MBD. Well you informed me to get liquid calcium and keep her on that and it worked like a charm. No bent spine, twitching, etc. So thank you.

But idk if its an imidiate issue or just something normal, theres already prob. a post on this sorry guys, but all day today she has been digging non stop. I googled it and people keep hinting to she's trying to lay eggs. Which is weird because she has had no contact with any males. But i learned they lay infertile eggs anyways, but around 2 years of age. I got her around Feb. of this year. So I dont think thats it. So idk whats going on.

Thanks for the help =]

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
It is a possibility she is trying to lay! And yes it is true that she can still produce eggs however they will not be fertile so you can just ditch the eggs! I would supply her with a lay box!! Good luck....

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, i the wild they dig a tunnel to put the eggs in, then bury them, so when our females do what nature tells them we have to recreate it. If not she might hold out for a nice spot for the eggs and become egg bound, which is very serious.

Basically you need a large platic tub (i once used a shoe box, big mistake, took an hour before she had dug all the way through the bottom!) And you fill it with washed kids playsand. It needs to be moist, think sandcastle consistancty. I put the box in her cage, and pop her in, if its the first time you may need to show her what to do by starting a littlee hole, then give her some privacy, do check up on her though. Others put the box out of the cage, with a lamp over to keep her warm, and she could be in there a few days before she is done!

Well thats a crash course on lay box instructions! how is she today??

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I tend to use a rubbermaid container so they can dig to china....lol but what you where just told is essentially correct. I just hate cleaning all the thrown sand out of my tank.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I bought one with high sides (its about 15" tall) and make sure she cant climb out, so very similar to one kept outside, but using the heat from the normal lighting system. There is some sand that makes it into the main cage, but not much! It kinda surprised us this year and was ll prepared in a hurry, so hopefully next year i can tayor it to how she digs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom