Hey from Tom and Gizmo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdrop

Juvie Member
Not so far. We had a really bad winter here in ireland and i use heat mats on the outside on the bottom of my tanks, and i had no problems at all, as long as it is on the outside of your tank i don't think it's anything to worry about. But you can put the heat mat on the side wall on the outside as well.

tomeglenn

Original Poster
Cool, thanks for the info! I also have the heater outside the tank, stuck to the bottom, so that's good to know!

Dragonpuff

Welcome! What a good-lookin' Dragon!

I'm new to beardies also, but what I did as a compromise between sand and tile, is put textured tile down as flooring, and gave Puff a small sandbox. He kicks the sand around, but its easy to clean up, and he gets the best of both worlds!

Congrats on your new family member!

tomeglenn

Original Poster
Nice idea! Don't know if I will definitely be changing his substrate yet (I guess it's a matter of opinion). Everyone I know uses sand (children's play sand, not regular sand) and the guy at the pet shop said chance of it causing gut impaction is slim. But I will definitely take all of the advice on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom