Het hypo, hypo, hypo het??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
what do these things mean? I think it has something to do with clear nail, at least thats what I thought hypo was but now I've been seeing het hypo and hypo het. Can someone explain these terms, or perhaps there's a site that explains all this beardie vocab. Thanks =D

ocrage

Hatchling Member
http://www.google.com is a WONDERFUL source of info, you do this thing where you type exactly what you wanna find out about in this search bar, and it does some magical calculations and finds multiple sources for the answer ;)

but if you want someone to just hand over the info, its extremely easy if you think about it. hypo = 20 clear nails and lack of the black pigment, het hypo means they just carry the gene for that genetic trait but doesn't mean they are showing it. and its pretty safe to assume whenever you've seen hypo het that there is usually another word after het, like translucent, or leatherback, or whatever, meaning they are hypo and het(/carry the gene) for the other trait listed.

SamusTheDragon

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Muchos gracias! Yeah I know, I've googled it before but I got confused :? , and I knew you guys knew what you were talking about. But Thanks again for answering this silly question lol :D

MartianMonkey

Hatchling Member
I agree that link is great, I have read over that about 10 times myself, I always have trouble remember which is which of the Leucistic and Translucent.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
SamusTheDragon":1r9skvzv said:
Muchos gracias! Yeah I know, I've googled it before but I got confused :? , and I knew you guys knew what you were talking about. But Thanks again for answering this silly question lol :D

No such thing as a silly question on this site (well, we won't tell you if it is!lol) Looking back over my old posts for info I may have forgotten, my questions seem like they came from a different person :D Acutally, they did :mrgreen:

Now I know better on many things......with so much more to learn! And what an amazing community we have here, yes? :blob5:

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
^^^Agreed. Don't feel bad I have a really hard time remembering the het/ hypo sometimes ,there are so many morphs.

MartianMonkey

Hatchling Member
herpgirl2510":gw68b9ss said:
^^^Agreed. Don't feel bad I have a really hard time remembering the het/ hypo sometimes ,there are so many morphs.

my problem is remembering what hypo means cause that alone means less so a hypo orange means less orange and I also think about other herps like the ball python and the meaning of hypo with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom