He's opening his mouth outside his viv..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortie

Hey everyone! I noticed Ozzy's been doing this since I got him in February. Every time I take Ozzy out his viv, he'll look at me and he'll open his mouth? He's not puffing out his beard, it's not turning black either so I don't think it's a sign of aggression. He doesn't show any signs of a respiratory infection either. And everything inside his mouth is fine too, he's eating well, still being a stubburn brat about eating his greens :banghead: and is pretty active so he's puzzling me a wee bit :? . Anyone know why he's doing this? It's cute but not so cute when it's something affecting his health in a bad way...

SAM_0515e.jpg

Shortie

Original Poster
Little to no humidity. 100f hot end and graduates to 72 cool end. He gets a bath once or twice a week. He gets a few crickets, depending on size, one day and then 4 locusts the next, then back to crickets and so on and they're dusted with calcium powder Mon - Fri and multi vitamins on the weekend. Still trying to get him to eat his veg but the shops here keep running out of supers so he won't eat them unless they move other wise he won't take any notice of them.

But he only opens his mouth outside his viv and only does it when we make eye contact. No black beard, he doesn't bite or have a go at me and shows no sign of a respiratory infection. I think he's either just smiling or he's saying 'feed me?' Or maybe he's just weird...?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Could be just weird.. lol jk.
I would just keep an eye out for anything that resembles cottage cheese or other anomalies in his mouth.

Shortie

Original Poster
He is a bit of a strange dragon... He likes to sleep outside his viv instead of sleeping in it. But I still put him back once I'm goin to bed anyways. He's found a strange place he likes to sleep, my work bag with my work clothes in it... :?

Everything in his mouth seems fine, he's just starting to shed around there so he's a bit irritated lol

Jollyrogers

Hi

I just got Oscar from a friend who was having a baby and believe me ive had him a week now and he is one hell of an attention seeker!
He did the exact same thing tonight though, sat on my knee with his mouth open although at first he was really hyper and kept looking like he was going to attempt to jump on my head! He didn't go black in fact he was lighter than usual but he did worry me a bit so I put him back in his viv and he seemed to settle for about 15 mins then started jumping at the glass for attention again
I don't know if it was because I had spent a lot of time with him 'bonding' over the bank holiday weekend and today was my first day back in work hmmmm maybe he missed me?!?
I didn't think they could be such characters lol

JollyRogers and Little Lord Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom