He's like a dog! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is only just over 3 months old now and he's started to sit like a dog, (on his log, Hammock, floor, my bed, everywhere) he straightens his front arms and sits like a really proud dog pushing his chest out.
I keep correcting him and he puffs his little lack of a beard and puffs his body up really fast like he's trying to warn me off.
Could this be damaging his spine or is it okay for him to sit like that?
When he goes to sleep at night he sleeps on a fluf sock ALWAYS so when he settles i go over and put another ontop of him to keep him warm and 8/10 times he's asleep curled slightly like a dog again. so i softly pick him up and straighten him.
Is this dangerous? can it ruin his spine should i keep correcting it or leave him to it?
please help it's so worrying :(

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
that's normal for them to be doing those things, and even stranger stuff. just wait until you find them sleeping bent in half (and that's ok too). their bodies are much more flexible than ours.

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
lol that's good to know that its normal... our 3 month old baby keeps falling asleap bent in half against the glass of his tank. bum and back feet on the mat, body and front feet up the wall. we keep putting him back on the mat flat. but i've also noticed ours sitting kinda like as you describe like a dog (never thougth anything of it till reading this post).... but we let him be... he's soon off and running around anyways. lol

oh, and on the strange acts... i'd like to note, we've caught our baby trying to swim in his shallow water dish and kicking water overhimself with his back legs haha :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom