He's getting thinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Hi!
Slick is a little over 6 mo. old. We've had him for 5 mo. He's gone from 4" to 20and 1/2". He has always been a HUGE pig! But, I am really starting to worry about him. His appetite has gone from 700-800 crickets a week in September to around 500 a week in October. Plus daily greens and either 50 super worms or 100 calci worms a week both months. The last 2 weeks he's only been eating maybe 1/2 a bowl of greens (that's a big maybe) daily. No worms. And 350-400 crickets a week. I don't have a scale, but I can tell his abdomen is thinner. His skin wrinkles when he turns. His tail is still very thick, but... I bathe him about 3 x's a week. His poop is still formed and appears healthy, but it is now every other to every 3rd day. His temps haven't changed. Basking spot at this time is 105. He has a reptisun 10.0 tube. Tile substrate. He's still active. (Sometimes running around like a maniac!)
Is this age? Winter slow down? My concern is his obvious weight loss.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you get up a picture for us?

If he is still eating all he wants (it still sounds like he is eating quite a bit), and seems healthy otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

-Brandon

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Original Poster
null_zps4d69b36a.jpg

Sorry it took so long to reply. He was quite a bit bigger

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Have you actually weighed him or are you just eyeballing it?

If he's really dropping weight quickly, that would probably indicate
an issue for a vet to see. If he's not really losing much (or any) weight,
then it could just be him "growing into" his adult size and shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom