He's dying UPDATE: I lost him :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my beardie is dying. I tries force feeding him but he has now started acting even worse. Eyes closed little to no movement. I can put him on his back and he doesn't fight but rolls back over (the only way I know he's alive)
This is what I have force fed him its a topic I started
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=203017&p=1606367#p1606367

I can't get him to the vet till the end of the week. I don't know what's wrong so I am going to make him as comfortable as possible. I drained my fund to take in my dog who has some infection on his scrotum. I think the stuff I was giving him may have been hard to digest because its made out of processes stuff. So I think I may get the oxbow critical care fine grind until can get him in. Anything you think I could add to help him.

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
Okay. He is doing a little better now. I have been checking on him through the night. His tail isn't all black from the mid point down. Its still dark but now horribly so. His beard is discolored and his eyes are very sunken in. He is dehydrated but I have been giving him baths my friend who is a rescue is going to come over as insert a tube to feed him the critical care stuff. I just hope it works.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Keep us posted on his recovery. Let us know how things go at the vets, too.
I hope nothing is broken, either.
The tube feeding would be helpful but definitely get your friend to help as it does require some skill & experience to do.
How is his mouth looking?
Have you had a fecal done on him yet to see if it could be worms or parasites?
Some critical care would be a great idea if you could get some for him.

Tracie

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
Thankfully this morning he is still alive. He pulled through and I am very greatfull. We are picking up some oxbow critical care today. I will be using a pedilyte to mix with is critical care. On Thursday he will have a tube inserted into his stomach so hopefully I can learn how and do it at home. Unless you think I could just leave it in all the time. But that seems like it would be uncomfortable, and he doesn't feel good already.
That's his latest update. I will make another later tonight after his lights go out.

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
So we got the oxbow critical care fine grind. I got home and he was basking. He has been basking ALL day and normally he doesn't. So because he was warm I mixed up the critical care with grape flavore pedialyte I don't know how to read the syringe but it was maybe 2cc. It was up to the 2nd line. He fought and took pretty much all of it down. I'm supposed to feed him 4-6 small meals a day which I will do. I noticed though that when I was feeding him that every now and again when he breathes in he would make a weird click sound. I'm going to listen to his breathing again later in the evening. Hopefully he isn't making that click anymore. He wasn't making it last night so maybe it's just the food? I don't know I'm just keeping an eye on that.

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
I have been getting some food in him. (critical care) I am going to continue feeding him the critical care for about a week then stop and try him on dubia again. If he doesn't eat then I will put him back on critical care.

He has been basking allot and has a constant clicking sound. It cuts in and out every couple breaths but its almost constant. I have him at max temps to hopefully clear up some of the inhaled liquid.

I will keep updating on him as time goes on.

BeardiesOnBlast

Original Poster
So Eustace was doing good all day. I wasn't able to feed him as much as I had been because I ha a long shift a work. I came home checke on him and he was fine. His lights went out at 7pm and I checked on him again around 10pm an discovered his head is black but only in places. Does anyone know what may have caused this?

Reptiles4Life

Sub-Adult Member
I am so sorry for your loss my bearded dragon died December 18 2013 and i caught a gecko in my back yard once and it died august 22 2013 the gecko died of stomach rot. :( i cried just reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom