He's acting like a spoiled brat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce has been eating very little since it got cold. I still give him crickets 2 times a day, daily greens and friut, dragon chow,freeze dried crickets and mealworm as a treat. It's been very cold here and the crickets keep dying. I have them in a draft free realtively warm spot. When i toss the live ones in his viv he does chase but on those days i don't have crickets he kinda pouts. Any suggestions? He's still small in girth but length he's long. Thank you.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I would say typical spoiled dragon behavior.

I bought 3 of my 4 dragons new bowels, the bowls are ceramic and are very slick, like a new cereal bowel but more stout. The first time I fed the dragons following the new bowls, they were kind of like why is he dumping all my food in this bowl. By the second time I had one dragon refusing to chase any crickets but, rather, he stands 2 feet in the bowl staring out like I need more I ate half but the others got out, what do I do? LOL So spoiled. Now I am having trouble getting him to eat outside their dishes like they never ever had to chase any crickets.

My advice comes in 2 parts, either spoil him or challenge his standing with you. :wink:

BeardieGrandma

Juvie Member
Noobie - so true!!!!

Joga is doing that too - she's in the middle of a shed so I think she's just grumpy picky pants right now...but I recently introduced supers to her diet and now she's always eyeballing the critter keeper with the supers in it all day. I go to feed her last night and start with the usual cricket massacre (she eats 45 in the AM and 40 in the PM) and she won't even look at the crickets. I attribute it to the shed and just to double-check I toss her a superworm - she eats it...hmmm. I then corral all the crickets in the feeding bin in her general direction to get her attention and she 'mercy-eats' 3, then looks at me. Ok, I toss another superworm and she eats it like it was the only thing she's eaten in a month. Now I'm on to her. Oh no you don't grumpy fatty pants, back in the viv, let's try again in 20 mins...I take her out and try again, this time she eats her 35 crickets and I give her the last superworm (only 3 a day for now until she adjusts to them in her diet)...my son told me tonite she did the same thing...he put her back in the viv after 3 crickets and 2 worms and will try again later.

spoiled, spoiled, spoiled.

broozersfam

Original Poster
YES! I just realized it.....He's playing me like a fiddle! I took some of the freeze dried crickets OUT of his new bowl and tossed them in front of him and he INHALED them! Hmmmm Then i tossed a few worms and he INHALED them and i shut his do and walked away leaving the rest of his food in the new bowl! YES He had a temper fit because REFUSED to play his game!! He stuck his nose up in the air and pouted! Jeez yet another one of my "children" are spoiled oh lucky me! I only did all of this because i was afraid he would get sick if he didn't eat. SO now i can say safely I AM OWNED BY A SPOILED DRAGON!!! :lol: Thank you all for your help.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
So I tried something myself. Took the bowls out of the enclosures for feeding time. My 2 males who had bowls got pretty upset and now my first dragon is really playing hard ball. He just gave me the stare and kept staring at me. With about 15 crickets running around his enclosure on this on that over his back, he just stared like "you! you did this!" LOL So I caved in and put the bowls back as at the same time I was getting head bobs from my prominent male. Now My first dragon (Des) won't eat, he is playing the hunger strike card, I guess to teach me a lesson. On the other hand my female was just all like "ohh a cricket..*slurp*-->NOM NOM NOM....OHH a cricket" :wink:

deh05001

I bought 3 of my 4 dragons new bowels, the bowels are ceramic and are very slick, like a new cereal bowel but more stout. The first time I fed the dragons following the new bowels, they were kind of like why is he dumping all my food in this bowel. By the second time I had one dragon refusing to chase any crickets but, rather, he stands 2 feet in the bowel

I'm not trying to hate or anything but I think you mean ***bowl*** not bowel

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
deh05001":3d2pk787 said:
I bought 3 of my 4 dragons new bowels, the bowels are ceramic and are very slick, like a new cereal bowel but more stout. The first time I fed the dragons following the new bowels, they were kind of like why is he dumping all my food in this bowel. By the second time I had one dragon refusing to chase any crickets but, rather, he stands 2 feet in the bowel

I'm not trying to hate or anything but I think you mean ***bowl*** not bowel

I do and I thank you.. LOL now that I read that, man LOL I am going to fix it. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom