here's my story from a noob in need of a lot of help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xqtggsl

Original Poster
thanks for those who have helped. i am still constructing her viv, it costs more than i initially thought but its a better way to blow the money from a summer job than booze at the bar. when i am done, i'll send pictures:p
right now i have her in a plastic storage box, with paper towel in the bottom, i hung a light for the basking spot, which is at 105-110, there's shade so when she's too hot she can hide, i also have a uvb tube coming in the mail, currently i am taker her outside for about 1 hour a day of sunlight for uvb. i have been providing collard greens n dandelion, tho i found that she eats them rarely and they dry up quickly under the lights. bought some crickets at the local shop tho i must find an efficient way of feeding (like keeping my own colony, i want to get dubias or lateralis but i am in canada which means no roaches, and crickets smell...). i bath her three times a week, and shes a smart girl, since now when she hears the water from my tap, she puffs up before i even put her near the water :D
when i finish my viv, and move back to school, she'll be in a loving and good environment.

hicksorganics

Hatchling Member
That's really good to hear! You may be getting the crash course on beardies haha, but it's good to know you're taking it seriously, good job man!

I still need to grout my tiles in and most likely put a sub-floor in underneath in the process, that'll probably be next paycheck! And you're one up on me, my reptisun is STILL in shipping! Oy vey!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Eric,

Great that you are putting in the huge amount of time and effort for the baby!
About the greens drying up quickly: I usually put a bit of water on the greens before I serve them just to keep them from drying out so fast.

Keep us posted! Oh and pics would be great!!

Kalyn

xqtggsl

Original Poster
UVB finally came in the mail this afternoon, with a fixture from Walmart she's getting all the right lights now! going back to working on the viv tomorrow, gonna install vinyl for the bottom, n lights for the top! Almost done, vents coming on thursday!

EmilyRussom

Juvie Member
This is awesome!!! I that everything is coming together so well.

Crickets do smell - but not in small amounts. I keep them in a cricket keeper http://www.google.com/products/cata...a=X&ei=9EdeTrLuC8Sjtgeal9ClCw&ved=0CDwQ8wIwAA and they are replaced about... two or three times per week - depending on how hungry the dragon is.

Another tip for you: Feed your little guy in a different location from where he lives. Don't want a cricket to hide in his home and bite him at night when he sleeps! I feed Tiki in a rubbermaid container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom