Here we go again - Perry broke his Jaw!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
I just got back from the emergency vets with Perry. His jaw is broken :cry: I was syringe feeding him when he bit down on the syringe really hard. I saw some blood on his front lip and the side of his jaw moved. I took him to the vet who said it was broken. Most likely a result from the MBD. After all that work..... he was doing so well..... I feel so disheartened and have been in tears most of the night. My poor baby!! :( :(

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I'm so sorry!!! :cry:

Poor Perry...that has to be just horrible!!! Did the vet say how long that could take to heal?

Wish you both well,

Dawn

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your warm wishes Dawn. It has been a long night/day. The vet said there is not much that can be done and that it just has to heal on it's own. They gave him some pain meds and antibiotics and sent us on our way. I was reading in another forum about a leopard gecko who broke his jaw and they put a small suture in to help it heal correctly. Has anyone heard of this or does any one have any suggestions on how I can best help my beardie? Should I take him to Dr. Stahls to see what he says? He is my regular herp vet and is supposed to be one of the best in his field.

dreshany

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SDC10028.jpg

HERE IS HIS PICTURE :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Awhh poor Perry :( .In regards to taking him to a herpvet I would.I would think they would want to attempt to set it somehow even if it is only a stitch.What did the vet say as to feeding?

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I would definitely take him to your herpvet. I wouldn't take any chances on something that fragile. It's a risk to his health, due to eating. At least he's use to the syringe feeding.

Good luck,

Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom