Helping out pet stores with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
I'm crossing my fingers this works out.

Theres this mom and pop store where i used to order my crickets through i stopped going there because i could order them online cheaper. When i need a few intill my shipment comes in i go there. I was there about a month ago with my daughter amber she always has to see the beardies. There was 2 beardies being house in what looked to be a 20 gal viv. One was out pacing and the other was hidden under a hide so i couldnt really see him. I needed to get more crickets so we went in their this last Saturday they were still there. I asked to see them. I sexed them, both males. The bigger of the two was really unfriendly to the other(witch is normal for that age) i did tell them they were both dehydrated and way under weight and they needed to be in their own vivs and they both might do better. The smaller one wasnt eating or basking because he was afraid of the bigger one. Weeeellll it bugged me so bad knowing that they were in bad condition and they really didnt seem to care about them since they didnt spend any money on them they were dropped off because the owners didnt want them anymore. I called them to try and make a deal where id take them both and get them fat and healthy and then give them back so they might be able to sell them to good homes. The person i have to talk to about this wont be in intill tomorrow. Do you think im crazy for doing this? I have 6 atm but if i could do this it might make a difference for those two and maybe they might find good homes. If they get anymore in like this maybe i could keep helping the pet store in this way.

I don't know maybe im getting in over my head... What do you guys think?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Your getting in over your head. But your hearts in the right place and your doing a good thing.
They will probably say no.

MissT

BD.org Addict
I know how you feel. Different situation - the guy who owns my local has just rescued a little guy. I asked if I could foster him but the guy is so determined to get him better that he said no. I ended up giving him half a tub of critical care, a tub of reptoboost and a megaray that we used for about 6 weeks. Im going to see how he is doing tomoro (hopefully well!!)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I never called them back. I figured id better leave it alone. I let my emotions rule my brain sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom