Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xexus

My Bearded Dragon hasn't been eating a very often this last week. Eve doesn't eat for two to three days straight with maybe a little bit of veggies. Then she'll eat a little bit after the two day period. She seems perfectly healthy. She has been spending quite some time on the cool side of the cage. If any of you have any advice please tell me.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I don't know if I can help, but I know we need some more information. Tell us about your set-up. What are the temps like? How do you measure them? What kind of UVB source do you have, and how old is it?
How old is Eve? Does she appear to be sleeping all the time?

Xexus

Original Poster
Right now she's in a 30x12x12 terrarium. Shes about 17.5 inches. The temps on her basking side are 105-110 degrees. On the cool side about 75ish. I measure it with a digital hygrometer. I use a Reptisun 10.0 I've had it for 5 months. Eve is over a year old I believe. She's no really sleeping she just seems really lazy.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The Reptisun 10 flourescent tube light is 5 months old so it is really getting time to change that out for maximal output of UVB emissions. Try ordering a new light to see if that will help perk her up a little bit.
At her age, she also could be doing a seasonal slowdown, or brumation, but it is always best to rule out everything else first just to make sure that everything is good with your setup.

Tracie

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Have you had a fecal done on her? A fecal is recommended before you let them go into brumation because the parasites can take over the dragon during brumation.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I've had the same experience with the reptisun 10 tube. The one I had on Speedy had been in use for about 4.5 months when her appetite diminished. We put Zoom Zoom's uvb (newer) with Speedy's and Speedy's appetie increased while Zoom's diminished. When I changed the old uvb, the appetite of both increased.

Xexus

Original Poster
Alright. I' ll change my Repti-Sun, I just got a 40 gallon terrarium, 36x18x16. I have a 12' fixture and a 12' bulb, will I need a new fixture?
I know I'm waiting for her to poop so I can get a fecal sample done.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you have a 12 inch fixture, then the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb 12 inch bulb should fit that particular fixture.
Good luck getting a fecal done on her. How is she doing now?

Tracie

Xexus

Original Poster
She's been doing a little bit better. She's been eating some greens and I repleaced her UVB bulb today and she seems a little bit more active and I put her on her basking log and she hasn't moved all day lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom