Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shantara

My baby name is Spira and im not exactly sure how hold she is. Cant be older then a month old. Anyways she is only eating 8 crickets a day...and I have read many times that she should be eating more then that a day. Like up to 20. The first day I had her..she ended up eating 28 crickets...Now she doesnt eat that many. Is something wrong..or is this technacally normal. I know that they can be stressed due to re-homing and all. I also had to change the bedding three times in her cage, cause she could choke on what I had in there. Could that be the cause? She tends to eat what she wants..then goes back on her log..and leaves the rest. I tend to pull a lot of crickets out of her home. Help lol Thankyou

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
A couple of questions can help us help you.

How long have you had your dragon?

What is the temp at the basking site? Measured with a prob or temp gun type thermometer.

What kind of uv lamp are you using?, i.e. repti-glo 10.0 or repti-sun 10.0, etc.

Can your dragon get to within 6 to 8 inches of the uv bulb?

Feeding problems in young dragons are often caused by relocation stress and can be caused by basking temps being too low and/or the wrong type of uv bulb.
Your answers to these basic questions will help others on here help you better.

Hope this helps,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSelene
Top Bottom