Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenjiBoy

I posted something about some questions on my new bearded dragon. I’m getting a little concerned ?. I said something on there about how he was hiding and his beard is black. I did nothing that would have caused that, he’s been alone for a few hours now. I tried feeding him and he won’t eat, that’s not like him at all. I’m not sure if here is to ask questions about stuff like this. But I live in a really small area in the middle of no where, the nearest vet is a few hours away. I’ve done some research and I can’t really find anything. Does anyone know if this is serious or what’s going on?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long have you had him? Please go over the lighting in the tank --- UVB brand and bulb is it a coil or tube? Where is it? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate-------- they will go thru relocation stress so the eating will slow down but they should not quit eating all together-- please post a pic of him and his tank and lighting
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
I’m not sure about the light questions, we just got them from the lady who gave him to us. I’ve had him for a bit less then a week. I answered the rest of the questions on the other reply you put on my first post. Here’s the image-
108547-9538300302.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so look under the dome and on the coil bulb look at the brand and wattage- is it a 13 watt? I see a stick on temp gauge-- it is inaccurate-- you need to go to Petco or PetSmart and get a zoo med digital probe thermometer $6-- next you are going to need to get rid of the coil UVB- they are inadequate for UVB and your dragon will soon be sick- you need to get a 24" fixture w/ reflector-- you need a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb--- it can sit on top of your screen-- this needs to be replaced ASAP--- as of this time he is getting no UVB and he will not eat w/ out proper UVB and basking temps---
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
It’s off because it’s 9- he’s asleep. Every night when it’s cold I turn my space heater on 70. And in the morning his thermometer says 70.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please get the things I have posted - your dragon needs the correct lighting or he's going to get very sick
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't know what to tell you - dragons hide their illness till they can no longer and sometimes then it's too late- he's probably already developing mbd--- the coil UVB is no good - he has his growth already stunted by proper diet and lighting-- I can tell by his picture
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I don't know what to tell you - dragons hide their illness till they can no longer and sometimes then it's too late- he's probably already developing mbd--- the coil UVB is no good - he has his growth already stunted by improper diet and lighting-- I can tell by his picture
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
You don’t even know what type of lighting it is? He eats great, just doesn’t eat his greens very well. I looked up the lights and it’s the exact thing on the petco website.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So your using a solarglo- that is a ALL in ONE-- if it's over a year old it needs to be replaced- they expire- distance also plays a key role for proper UVB and I am not savvy on that---- I can get some one to help you w/ that some require extra UVB cuz they don't put out enough--- certain brands- would you like the help
Karrie

BenjiBoy

Original Poster
It has been replaced, they got a new bulb put in for us right before they gave it to us. Sure, thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here is some info on the bulb --- About 12 " is good and they should produce uvb at least 6 months but once they lose their effectiveness you can still use them as the primary heat bulb for as long as they produce heat, which can be 2-3 years for some of them. It's always good to use a long tube uvb along with just to be sure of good coverage. The long uvb can be switched on 2-3 days a week or all the time. This came from one of the more experienced people on the forum w/these bulbs-- so w/ that being said I would get another UVB as mentioned earlier just so you know hes getting the coverage he needs plus you wont need to change out the bulb in 6 months as mentioned- he will have the back up of the tube fixture ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom