Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to beardies but have spent many hours pouring over information online and reading books. I have decided to get a beardie. My problem is I have found 2. They are in a local pet store. They have mated she is pregnant. The owners have them in according to my research in poor conditions. The male is 18 months old the female is over 2. He is smaller than her. The terrarium is a 120 with poor lighting and ventilation. The female is housed in the 120. The male is an enclosure no larger than a 29 gallon biocube. If I buy them both can they be housed together in such a large habitat or do I need two. They both look pretty healthy according to my research and the signs the experts say to look for. I would be buying thr 120 and getting screens and appropriate lighting. Now im looking for help!!!!

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :). You shouldn't house them together as it can cause problems. Beardies are not social animals and should be in their own cages. If you feel up to getting both and taking care of them I would do it :)

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Yes you can. I would make it non see through though because otherwise the male is going to start being aggressive to the female through the glass.

RubberDucky

Original Poster
In order to transport safely should I buy the enclosure first and have the pet store hold the beardies while I set up? like i said the female is in the 120.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Yes that would be the best. I would ask if you could take the big tank home set it. Get the temps right and all that. And then come get them. It will make the trip less stressful if they come to a already made. tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom