HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emlhvac

I have two beardies both about 7" in length. One (abe)does not seem to be growing or eating as he should. He is also not as active as he should be. I have them both in a 50 gallon tank with a reptisun 10.0 strip light(36") I have a Reptisun sunglo basking light. My temps are 95 on the warm side and 78 on the cool side.(both with digital thermometers. They are fed dusted crickets daily and herptivite twice a week.The humidity is 25 percent.I've been keeping a variation of collard greens,peas,etc. available at all times.Red seems to be thriving and Abe is skinny and not very active.Please help I've become very attatched to abe and dont want to lose him.

Tigg

Juvie Member
I will second that! The more dominant dragon is going to get more food, the better basking spot, and the run of the cage while the other is pretty much just going to sit there fearing for it's life and never really thrive they way they should in captivity.

BD's are solitary reptiles. In the wild, they will mate and then go on their way to be alone. Lonlyness is a human emotion, and they would both be much, much happier if housed seperately in such a way that they couldn't even see each other.

And it's only a matter of time before they begin to show aggression towards each other. Most BD owners down even realize it's happening until they come home from work to find a injured pet.

Just my .02

chancellor91

Juvie Member
um ya. it can almost be 100% sure it is a dominance thing, one is fearing for their life, while other is the king, you need to get them in seperate enclosures to fix this problem before you have an injured pet

chancellor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiegates
Top Bottom