Help with thermostat for my CHE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, new to the forum. I have a semi-urgent question. I'm running a 100w CME with a T10 reptisun for my 2 year old dragon about 18 inches in length. She's fine but there's no way of telling the temperature, even if I got a thermometer (which i'm going to if i get a thermostat) there's no way of controlling the temp. I have the light mounted in a custom cabinet tank, I'm sure it doesn't get hotter than 110 but can never be sure.

I have no experience with thermostats, but after some research I have come up with 2/3 options.
Digital 'Controller':
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018CLYNG/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3341940462&pd_rd_wg=mCMWF&pf_rd_r=H168JZB4VNE38FJ75P7H&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B0018CLYNG&pd_rd_w=tDxoS&pf_rd_i=reptile+heat+lamp&pd_rd_r=bb2b78ad-b309-4cfd-8838-272769deb3f7&ie=UTF8&qid=1518218183&sr=2#customerReviews
Proportional Pulse Thermostats:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/281970146239
https://www.ebay.com/itm/282041473025

I want to get the Microclimate High Range, but if the digital controller does the job for a 75w/100w CMEs then I'll go with that.

So guys, micro climate high range or the zilla digital controller?

And last question, which of the two should save more electricity, or do they not use MUCH MORE than the power of the bulb itself?

Thanks! Will help me and my sister with our dragon. She's healthy but she could be happy.

Shoxaju

Hi

I actually have something similar set up for my beardie and it works pretty well. Yoshi has a heat pad attached to the side of his viv (which is glass atm) opposite his basking spot. We have a zoomed temp controller like the one you posted, only bigger with more outlets, and have it set for the lowest temp we the viv should ever be with the probe as far away from the heat source as we could mount it. If the temp drops too low the heat pad kicks on, warms up the glass and heats up the cold side of his viv until it reaches that temp and then shuts off. When we build the new viv (Yoshi is turning 8 months old this month and needs a bigger viv) the heatpad will be replaced with a CHE and will have more or less the same set up. So if you do end up getting that temp controller it should work out for you.

Also 18 inches for a 2 year old is a little small, Yoshi is about 15.5 at 7 months

AlexFromCali

Original Poster
Shoxaju thank you! I may not even need a thermostat, just a thermometer as I got lucky with my setup. However thanks for your suggestion. The listed controllers and thermostats all seem to work but thanks for your second opinion.

Also my beardie had no UV for a whole year! She had a white heat lamp, and a IR for night. When I took over care I got the t10 reptisun, mounted inside. I'll post a reply of a picture hopefully soon of my setup once college clears up.

Thanks again! Caring for our dragons is tough work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom