Help with project to benefit beardies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
I am a graphic design student and am currently undertaking my senior project. What would be a better topic than bearded dragons?

My idea is to create/design a easy to understand and interpret care guide for bearded dragons with the right information. I know how frustrating it can be to be lead around by the dated information in books, confusing handouts from pet stores, inaccurate information online. I would like to solve this problem with my project! This will turn into a website and an app as well because of project requirements. I will also be doing some package design for the proper supplements, lights, etc.

Anyway, I was hoping I could pick everyones brain a little bit for some name ideas of my project! I was thinking "Beardie Bible" right now. It has a nice ring to it. I am completely open to any ideas or suggestions.

You all are the best! Thank you!!! :blob5:

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Some ideas right now....

Beardie Bible
Dragons Down Under
Dragon Care
Dragon Directions
Beautiful Beardies
Bearded Dragon Manual
Beardie Babys

Some are kinda generic but the name doesn't have to be something super creative if my project is informative.

I like either The Beardie (Bearded) Bible or The Bearded Dragon Manual. :) I think this is an AWESOME senior project, I only wish I could have done something like this for mine. :D I just want to wish you the best of luck and to keep us updated, I'd love to see the finish project.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
swiLLest":1snbn0xi said:
I think tis will be great! How about calling it "The Bearded Bible"

Thanks! I think I am going with that title. It might be fun and playful to spin off of biblical language and concepts such as the Ten Commandments, sins, prayer cards, etc. I'm excited :D

LunarTechAsylum":1snbn0xi said:
I like either The Beardie (Bearded) Bible or The Bearded Dragon Manual. :) I think this is an AWESOME senior project, I only wish I could have done something like this for mine. :D I just want to wish you the best of luck and to keep us updated, I'd love to see the finish project.

Aw, thanks for the feedback and the luck! I think I am going with The Beardie Bible. I will be happy to post the finished project. This is going to be an ongoing thing for the rest of the semester. Do you think the monitors of this site will mind me using their care guide and articles as references of information for my book?

Max18":1snbn0xi said:
I know there's a book called "the bearded dragon manual" so it may be copy righted.

Thanks for giving me a heads up! I did look up some books on bearded dragons to see what they have been called. There are a lot that are called the Bearded Dragon Manual. They usually have a different tag line with the books to get way with not being the same name I guess. Out of my ideas that was the most generic of the names but the most straight forward and informative. I think I am going to be a bit more playful and go with The Beardie Bible :)

I don't think they'd mind you using their guides as they are here to help people! If your worried about it however I would send one of them a message and ask :)

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LunarTechAsylum":5e0ltvd6 said:
I don't think they'd mind you using their guides as they are here to help people! If your worried about it however I would send one of them a message and ask :)

How do I know who to message? :)

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
LunarTechAsylum":3lgr0wmd said:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8309

Tracie is a mod and shes online a lot, that link is for her profile, on there is a link to send her a message :)

Thank you!

ILoveLemmonade

Hatchling Member
Popsickle I am a biology student from Arizona, studying Herpetology. If you need anything from me in terms of scientific analysis, I would be happy to try to set something up. I need to start working on an experiment as well, so contributing to this would give me some good experience.

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ILoveLemmonade":2z50qeak said:
Popsickle I am a biology student from Arizona, studying Herpetology. If you need anything from me in terms of scientific analysis, I would be happy to try to set something up. I need to start working on an experiment as well, so contributing to this would give me some good experience.

Hello ILoveLemmonade :) Thank you for reaching out and offering to help! I don't think my project needs any scientific analysis but I really appreciate the offer. Out of curiosity, what kind of analysis are you doing?

ILoveLemmonade

Hatchling Member
popsickle18":1qdyevwh said:
ILoveLemmonade":1qdyevwh said:

Hello ILoveLemmonade :) Thank you for reaching out and offering to help! I don't think my project needs any scientific analysis but I really appreciate the offer. Out of curiosity, what kind of analysis are you doing?

Well at the moment I'm working with a group that is analyzing the effects of a fence that divides the habitat for a local lizard. The flat tail horned lizard.

Jam

Awesome, hefty project. FYI there is a book that is referred to as the Beardie Bible but I guess it really won't matter if it's just "referred" as that name. I am new to the Beardie world and I totally agree with how crazy it is trying to get solid helpful information when trying to care for the little ones. I have two books, and the first one had alot in it but it did not cover the one thing I had questions about "shedding". That was so weird to me but I guess the author that it was just a simple subject that needed no explanation.

I want/need a book that covers everything with pictures included, a fricking encyclopedia! I wanna see all things beardie, break it down to the basics like I am a five year old.

I hope you are thorough with your data and research because that is something needed. Wishing you all the best in your beardie bible journey. Wish I could help but it will be awhile before I will be an expert on these little ones.

Josie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom