Help with my Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueal92

Hi all,
Just wondering what temps should be in Jax's vivarium in his basking area.
I have seen so many conflicting information online where I see that it can be any of these temperatures 29.4C - 35C to 35C - 37.7C to 37.7 - 40.5C to 40.5C to 43C
(85F -95F to 95F - 100F to 100F - 105F to 105F - 110F)

He is around 7-8 months old and i always had it at 43C when he was younger as he's needed higher heats, now that he's older and people either class his age as juvenile or sub adult I know it needs to be lower. Is 40C too low or too high. I've always had adults and kept them at 35C. So what Temps does he need now and should I still keep him at 35C when he's an adult?

Also he had a 100w basking bulb that came with his set up when we first got him. However like always that blew and I got him a new 100w bulb yet that was making his cage over 45C so we got him a 75w but that's giving between 38C and 39C is this okay? He has a thermostat that is set for 40C but has a 1C difference so it will shut off the light if it goes above 40C and will turn back on once it hits lower than 39C. Is this okay or do I keep the 100w bulb and it never stay on longer than 5-10 mins before it gets to hot and the thermostat shuts it off. I'm worried about baking him or freezing him.

So what temps should he be at, which bulb do I use and when do I lower it more when he becomes a full adult.

Sorry if this is a confusing message and thank you in advance, Jax thanks you too.

101632-533421813.jpg
101632-129938825.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The general suggestion is about 38-42C basking surface temps. From there you can fine tune it to his preferences. If he basks a lot you can raise temps a bit, if he sits to the side more often you can lower temps a bit etc. 38-42 is a good range to shoot for in the basking area though. Cool side should be maybe 24-28 or so in order to make a nice gradient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom