Help with MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

If they have black on their bodies, is it from the sand or did they run through their messes?
I honestly wish that they would not house them together, because they will just get too crowded.
Try giving a bath to see if the discoloration comes off.
So they are going to get tube UVB lights now? Be sure to get either the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia tube bulb, but not a compact coil light. This is imperative, they can't go without UVB & proper supplementation for too long.

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
Im not sure there seems to not be any droppings around the cage, maybe he cleaned it up? Im not sure i dont think hes over on the weekend. I did try to gove them a bath but im not sure if i saw anything come off of the scales.. An extra cage is right next to them, if it is yellow fungus, wouldnt it spread quicker? And note there is 4 other classes that interact with the dragons too. The sand is reddish orange so im sure its definetly not the sand. He said he'd put the females together which worries me if it'll spread.. I've let him know that could bulbs are bad, thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

If you can get some pictures that would be good. Do you think it is yellow fungus? If so, they are going to need intervention & housing together is out of the question. You definitely need to try to find a way to determine if it is yellow fungus, in case you need to start treatment.
I hope that he gets the appropriate lights, soon.

Let us know how they are doing.

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
I can probably get some good pictures of them, maybe at lunch it just looks like black fungus, but the males foot is coverd im it i tried to get it off the other day, nothing came off though, im not sure if it is even droppings because the sand would've stayed on.. If it is ill get some meds, is it possible to use things from the store? Ive heard some users suggesting creams from the store. Maybe my teacher will also take th to the vet but im not positively sure he will... Do you have any sugestions so that other classes wont touch them?

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
UPDATE! It was just gunk that came off, it really sticks on to there scales. They LOVE to eat veggies (distracted them by feeding.) thanks though! And just in case if it ever happends in the future what are some creams i can use just in case?

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
Hello heres an update; Instead he says he will change it from sand to bark. And ive TRIED to tell him that it can cause impaction also. And the bark is quite small. Any help?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things with the dragons now?
Why does he insist on having a loose substrate? Why not non adhesive shelf liner, felt, repti-carpet or slate tiles instead? Loose substrate is a disaster waiting to happen most of the time.
If the bark is continually ingested, it will impact them & it could be fatal.
Do they have UVB lights now also?

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
There better than normal. The new female drank almost a full cup of water yesterday. He says Hes had them in sand for 3 years; i keep telling him to not use loose subs. I have been feeding them each at least 2 supers. Normally he gets only 10 crickets, i try to split them evenly,Giving the extra to the skinnier ones. The smallest is about the size of my hand (not including the tail) and the skinniest.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are they only getting 2 supers a day/week, or 10 crickets a week, etc?
It sounds like they are not being fed enough either. I really hope that he starts taking some of your advice, or they aren't going to make it long term.
Let us know of their progress.

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
Hi again! I normally try to bring in supers when i have extra. I also try to bring in collard greens because my beardie doesnt like them. With the crickets i there being bought 1-3 times a week. Is there a way i can send you pictures privatley?? Lauren

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
If you want to send some one a private message, just push the little PM button nest to the user's post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom