Help with lighting setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todde49

I have a 75 gal with two dome fixtures one has a 160 watt mercury basking lamp the other has a ceramic 150 watt heat lamp. With the two fixtures sitting directly on the mesh top there is around 22 inches of space between them. I want to add a t5 fluorescent fixture but what is my best option? Should I get a 22 inch or should I get something bigger and try to lay it diagonal across the top or push the 2 fixtures I have forward a bit and run a large 48 inch across the rear of the top? Any suggestions would be appreciated and what fixture should I buy (brand etc). Thanks

Todde49

Original Poster
I should add the mesh top is devided into two sections with a small devider between them it is not one continuous top.

Todde49

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1cet670l said:
How far above the basking area is the top? With a T5 you'd want it to sit about 10'' up if it's shining through mesh or about 12'' if there is nothing between the bulb and basking site. A 22'' should be fine as it will provide a sufficient UVB spread for an adult to bask under evenly. My favorite is the combo set from LightYourReptiles http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/
Thanks for the link that is what I was looking for but could not find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom