HELP WITH LIGHTING NEW BEARDIE DIDNT HAVE THE RIGHT LIGHTS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
just picked up my second beardie and she is vicious as hell so small and i dont even think they had her under a proper lightbulb the one they had in there was a exoterra sun glo i dont even kno if this gives out uvb and uva i have a bunch of those coil fluorescent bulbs laying around you kno the mercury vapor ones i think will one of those work or does it have to be a special one and wat does the exo terra reptisun do for her???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
What sized tank do you have? I need to know so I can direct you further for the lighting & heating.
The Reptisun UVB lights are the best flourescent tube lights you can get. I would get the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb & you can get it for a good price from:
http://www.petmountain.com

The Hagen Exo terra Reptiglo flourescent tube lights are not very good lights right now, so at the moment, do not purchase any of those UVB lights. You can get the Exo terra Solar Glo mercury vapor bulb which is a good bulb.

There are several different ways you can set your lighting up. However, do not use any of the coils or compacts that you have, as they are very poor UVB lights & are harsh on their eyes too.

There are two other mercury vapor bulbs that you can use also, if your tank is large enough. The Megaray or the T-Rex active UV heat.
What lighting are you using on your other dragon?

Tracie

xXDragonPrincessXx

Original Poster
shes in a 10 gallon temporarily but its plenty of size for her right now till i get her a new viv im gunna make 2 of the crossfire enclosures for gizmo and her and then i plan on getting the 36 inch ones everyne talks about but right now shes under a normal lightbulb for heat and she doesnt have any uva or uvb right now i have to get it this week the damn people who sold me her said she had the right lights and when i got there she didnt and i felt so bad for her there i had to take her home in two days ill have her new uvb bulb i have to get the friggin exoterra one cause thats all the stupid petstores around here sell

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh please don't get the Exo terra UVB light, it is not very good & the UVB is not real safe, either. Please order the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb from online at:
http://www.petmountain.com
If you upgrade to a 40 gallon or larger you can use the Exo terra Solar Glo mercury vapor bulb if you would like, those are fine. They need to be 12 inches away from your dragon.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

xXDragonPrincessXx

Original Poster
shes doing okay could be better i feel so bad that she doesnt have the right lights and i cant order online it would take way to long to get here and i live in canada and im 17

xXDragonPrincessXx

Original Poster
theres nowhere around here that sells those lights all we have is a mr pets and a petcetera petland in coquitlam and a self owned one called spuddys pet mart and i dont think any of them sell the zoo med reptisun 10

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
Ok. How long is it going to be before you get the tanks built, the crossfire ones you are talking about?
If they are large enough you can use one of the mercury vapor bulbs I suggested. Since they have Exo terra products, I am pretty sure you can find the Solar Glo mercury vapor bulb.
If it is only going to be a couple of weeks, she will be fine with just a basking bulb so go ahead & buy that bulb & put it in the new tank. Otherwise, you could find the Arcadia D3 12% flourescent tube bulb up there perhaps. That one will be fine for the 10 gallon & you could transfer it over to the larger tank once you get it built.
Do not get any compact or coil bulbs, only get the flourescent tube bulb or the mercury vapor bulbs I suggested.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom