help with light fixture locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikeithard

Hatchling Member
hey. Here is a picture of what I have almost completed. I am going to put in holes in the top tomorrow for the lighting and heating lamps.

please let me know if I should put the heating right in the upper left corner or more towards the middle of the descending staircase? put the UVB light right beside it? the distance from the very top left to the lid is about 8-9 inches just an FYI. and I have a 150watt Zoomed heat lamp if that helps to know also.

DSC_0140.jpg

Ps. I think I am going to put sand in the front channel there between the glass slide rail and the little rock wall. might be a nice contrast with the tile on the 2nd floor surface. wont be eating in there so sand shouldnt be much of a problem, just have to spot clean it often. And that picture above is about 5 days old. I have it all painted now and 4 coats of mod podge. one more coat tomorrow then finish the top and put on the glass front. maybe through a cactus in there or something along the walls?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you put the bulb in the very left corner, it doesn't look like their would be much room for your beardie.

If you were to put the bulb there, how many inches would it be from the bulb to the platform?

-Brandon

spikeithard

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2s8k32xg said:
If you put the bulb in the very left corner, it doesn't look like their would be much room for your beardie.

If you were to put the bulb there, how many inches would it be from the bulb to the platform?

-Brandon

the lights would sit on top of the wood without a screen. I would either hang the domes so they sit flush with the bottom of the wood or make the hole in the wood slightly smaller then the dome so it sits on top but wont fall through. what would be better? I am assuming hanging because then you could get more penetration and coverage of light and heat because your losing that 3/4 inch thickness of board at the bottom. if it sits flush, there would be about 7 inches of space to the light. if the dome was on top then it would be about 8.

I just checked.. the middle part of the staircase is about 9-10 inches (so about middle-left area of enclosure). might be better to put it there? kind of where the highest level drops down to the 2nd highest level... I think that would work. then put the UV light just to the right of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom