Help With Dusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueprototype

Hi All ~
I have recently gotten a New Beardie and she a cutie, everyone was right when they said that they fell in love with them as soon as the got one.. The question I have is the breeder who I got her from told me that I need to use a calcium/prospherous (2;1mix) to dust the crix with. Now I've been doing that for the past few days but as I've been reading on here and many other pages they all say to either do sraight calcium and a mulitvitamin or just a calcium mix. Can anyone tell me why, and what are the harmful affect of my current mix and what I should really being using?? I'm new to the Great world of Bearded Dragons and I want to make sure that I'm doing everything right for her.. Some of her info is that she was born August "ish" she's a hypo I have reptisun 10.0 in her cage that I built for her, the ambiant temp in the area she likes to hang out in is about 85 deg. and her basking area temp is about 101-103. I also feed her greens in the morning before I leave for work and when I get home from work usually 8-9 hrs later I start feeding her crix. In a given night she could put down 10-15 and the most has been 20. Any help and info anyone could give me would be great I want to make sure she has a great and long healthy life in her new home....

Thanks All

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
Hi and welcome to the forum!

I have not heard of dusting with phospherous and will have to look into that. Most everyone agrees that you should dust with calcium 5 days a week at least one feeding a day and a multivitamine two days a week.

Young dragons need to be feed live feeders 2-3 times a day. As your dragon gets up to eating speed, it can eat 60 to 100 live feeders per day. Baby dragons grow incredibly fast and need loads of protein, fed several times a day, to fuel their explosive growth.

Your lighting and temps look good. Keep up the great work and make sure to ask lots of questions on these forums. As you grow in your knowledge you will ensure your dragon a happy and healthy life.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom