Help with breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

danihel15

So i put my male whos 1 year and my female 11 months shes a little bit bigger than him anyways i put them together for the first time to breed and he bites her tail and puffs at her while she runs away then he head bobs and she has no response hes gotten on top of her 3 or 4 times but wont go any further and she just ignores him how can i get these to to mate?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a GOOD thing they DIDN'T breed, she is way to young and more than likely wouldn't survive laying eggs. Females should be at least 1 1/2 yrs old, preferably 2 yrs old. They should be separated immediately before one gets injured or killed! She's still a baby herself and beardies are not full grown until about 2 yrs of age.

Have you researched about breeding?

You need to read this article before even considering it. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=126455

wykd

lol i love this forum,
If someone graphed the content of all 1st posts, i am betting it would break don something like:

breeding related
cohabitation related
poop related
behavior related
and then various questions but those are the top 4 i am betting.

danihel15

Original Poster
ive done it before i have the money and the space i have 6 beardies now along with 3 creasted geckos and 2 chameleons and i have lots of time on my hands i buy close to 2 dozen small crickets a week and 1 box of a 1000 its just i had a bought my last female from a pet store and only got 2 clutches from her because she pasted after the second clutch so i asked the guywho sold her to me the age she was and she was 9!!! the kid who was working that i purchased her from said she was .

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor thing being bred at 9 yrs old age, she must have suffered terribly. :(

wykd

danihel15":3szbye7y said:
ive done it before i have the money and the space i have 6 beardies now along with 3 creasted geckos and 2 chameleons and i have lots of time on my hands i buy close to 2 dozen small crickets a week and 1 box of a 1000 its just i had a bought my last female from a pet store and only got 2 clutches from her because she pasted after the second clutch so i asked the guywho sold her to me the age she was and she was 9!!! the kid who was working that i purchased her from said she was .

If you know so much then wtf are you doing asking us questions... please teach us something instead!

Just because a female can breed does not mean their body can recover from the drain of producing that many eggs. Where do you think the calcium comes from to create the eggs and the nutrients that create the yolk in the egg.

2 dozen crickets a week is not a lot of food either for adult dragons or chameleons for that matter, I know considering i breed both. If you have done it before then why are you asking hwo to get them to breed and on your 1st post? go back to google and youtube.

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Danihel15, may I be nosy and ask what your reasons are for wanting to breed dragons? (Don't forget to test and re-test your dragons for Adeno virus if you're going to be giving babies to the general public, too!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom