HELP with babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy88

Hi all,
My babies are 5 days old and are scared to death of the crickets. We have only put a few in each time trying to get them to eat but they start breathing fsater and start running around the cage. I have tried to offer ones that I kill to se if they would eat them that way, and still nothing. PLEASE can I get some advice.
Thank you, Denise

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Are the crickets small enough? The need to be no longer than the space between your dragons' eyes. You could also try putting the crickets in the fridge for a few minutes - the cold will slow them down so that they will still move and appeal to your dragons' hunting instincts without being fast enough to intimidate them. Some people have pulled the back legs off their crickets and put them in a bowl so that the crickets couldn't jump out and the dragons were free to check them out on their own terms. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom