help! which basking bulb should i use??

HyperLollipop

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Herman
help! my beardie's basking bulb refuses to turn on this morning and because we just replaced it a few weeks ago i don't have any other one on hand. We had a 50w halogen bulb lying around so that's what we're using now but the temp isn't going over 79F. The bulb we had was a petsmart brand because that's what we had when the last one needed to be replaced. The previous bulb was 100w. Now I'm thinking of getting a ZooMed bulb but I'm unsure if I should get the 75w like i found reccommended on many websites, or if I should get the 100w because that's what he had previously. Please advise! I have to leave so he's staying with the halogen bulb for a few hours, but I am considering leaving on his CHE for some extra heat. Please advise! I don't know what to do.

HyperLollipop

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Herman
Yeah I didn't notice it does say two in the places you indicated. I would not be surprised if they only send one since it doesn't mention two in the title of the listing.

Your existing hygrometer should be fine. If you already have two you can probably just use one of them on the coolside as well. I doubt surface and air temps will differ much when the surface is far away from the light. You'll be able to check by using the one probe next to your existing thermometer and see what the variance is.
Amazing! What I think I'll do is get the hydrometer + thermometer combo for the basking area and then just leave what i have for the cool side, but I can't order it until next Friday.

Also an update, the basking bulb finally came (after some complications with DoorDash lol) and due to the lower wattage the temps aren't getting as high but again, not too worried. If anything it's probably better now because before he hid a lot in his cave so it was probably too hot. We'll see how well he eats his dinner and how he eats tomorrow.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom