HELP. What wrong with my beardies LEG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatwell

88798-4729632158.jpg
Hey my little mans front foot is a little strange. He bends it backwards when he is laying down. When running he has all 4 feet the correct way and runs Climbs and walks around fine. He doesn't appear to be I pain and there is no swelling. He gets a little tub of calcium powder to just lick and play with and he always has his veggies and crickets and hoppers dusted. He is only 10 inches and is around 4/5months old. He has a temperture of 105 in his basking area at hottest point and has around 80 on his cool side. He is in a 1200cmx50cmx60cm tank ish. Has a range of climbing levels and has a exo terra solar glow all in one bulb link to bulb here (https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-terra-solar-glo/?gclid=CjwKEAiAmdXBBRD0hZCVkYHTl20SJACWsZj9s_sKEF5v4w6ROxgaa1PqlXg8nJ8hjoBJPQ9nNHlZ-BoCb1Hw_wcB) he is still hunting and eating fine and is pooping once/twice a day he is basking as usual just a bit paranoid.

Jatwell

Original Poster
Hey my little mans front foot is a little strange. He bends it backwards when he is laying down. When running he has all 4 feet the correct way and runs Climbs and walks around fine. He doesn't appear to be I pain and there is no swelling. He gets a little tub of calcium powder to just lick and play with and he always has his veggies and crickets and hoppers dusted. He is only 10 inches and is around 4/5months old. He has a temperture of 105 in his basking area at hottest point and has around 80 on his cool side. He is in a 1200cmx50cmx60cm tank ish. Has a range of climbing levels and has a exo terra solar glow all in one bulb link to bulb here (https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/exo-te ... oCb1Hw_wcB) he is still hunting and eating fine and is pooping once/twice a day he is basking as usual just a bit paranoid.
88798-4729632158.jpg

Jatwell

Original Poster
Just worried as he had a fall last night and he has been doing it since then but only when he's laying down. He is going to the vet today to just have it looked at hopefully it won't be anything to bad .

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I would recommend taking the hammock out though. Those things can snag their nails and possibly even rip them out

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
JessPets":3bejbce4 said:
I would recommend taking the hammock out though. Those things can snag their nails and possibly even rip them out
And dislocate joints or break legs when they try to get them unsnagged.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hello J....you have a nice, healthy looking beardie. :) If you say that he's walking + chasing crickets, then he's probably fine. He may have a very slight sprain, but I doubt it's even that....he'd be limping otherwise [ in most cases ] But I see you posted this the same Q in the health forum and already gotten some answers. He's probably fine.
[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=228826 f=6 ]

Jatwell

Original Poster
hiya, yes he has just been to the vets and he said his ankle isn't broken or damaged :D he has very strong bones and is very healthy looking. he has now been spoilt with some new crickets, hoppers and wax worms :)

Jatwell

Original Poster
hiya, yes he has just been to the vets and he said his ankle isn't broken or damaged :D he has very strong bones and is very healthy looking. he has now been spoilt with some new crickets, hoppers and wax worms :) The hammock has been removed as well he now has a large rock to lay on :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He does look very healthy & happy, too. :D
The Solar Glo Mercury vapor bulb is usually very good so he should be getting strong enough UVB exposure too. If the vet said his bones looked good, then he should be fine. Some just relax & stretch their hand or foot backwards like that.
It sounds like he is doing very well.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom