Help ~Wattage on Reptisun 10 36"

Status
Not open for further replies.

koco46

I just purchased a Reptisun10 36" T8 bulb for our bearded dragon enclosure and I am having a hard time finding a proper fixture.Item #OS 36 (It's still the older version, not their new T5)

After not being able to find the right fixture in local hardware stores, I did find one on Amazon that will take up to a 25Watt bulb, which is the wattage that Zoomed lists on their website for this bulb.

HOWEVER,on the box the wattage is listed as 30Watts,so I am confused.
I did email Zoomed,but it might take several days to hear back from them and I was hoping someone on this forum might have an answer!!

Thanks so much,
koco

RuselBro

Juvie Member
I had the SAME problem, I bought the 24 inch ReptiSun 10.0 T8, and on the box it said 18 Watt's, on the Zoomed website it said it was 17 Watt's. And the Fixture I bought from Walmart was 17 Watt's. But I just went ahead and Used it anyway since there was no Major Difference in Wattage, but anything like 5 Watt's I would be very careful about. Is it that we bought Older Bulb's or something?

koco46

Original Poster
I don't know,I checked the bulb itself and it says "F25T8" on it,so I am assuming it is 25W,so I went ahead and ordered a fixture rated to 25W from Amazon and I am hoping for the best.I am thinking the worst thing that could happen is I could ruin the fixture,which is cheaper than the bulb.

I had the same question a while back. Zoo Med answered my question. They said the 36 inch reptisun 10.0 is 25 watts. I bought it and it does say 25 watts on the bulb. Just make sure your fixture is rated for 25 watts.

koco46

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies,I did order a fixture rated for 25Watts,very happy about that,it wasn't easy to find!!

Just like the previous post,I did hear back from Zoomed yesterday,they did respond very quickly within a couple of days :

Thank you for contacting us. The wattage on the box says 30 from when we sold exclusively in Europe if you pull the bulb out and look on the bulb it should have F25T8 etched on it, the 25 means it’s a 25 watt bulb. Once we have used all of our old packaging the new packaging will have the correct wattage on it. Please let me know if you have any further questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom