Help w/ Osteomyelitis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry little Ron is having so much trouble. :cry:
Have you started him on any meds for his respiratory issue yet?
Has his swelling from his bone issues gone down at all yet?
Which pain medication is he on now?

Sometimes those types of medications can really affect the appetite quite a bit, too. Are you giving probiotics & bee pollen to help with immune system & his GI tract?
How do his eyes look, is he alert still?
It is extremely difficult what you are going through with him.

Tracie

blumhm

Original Poster
He is on metacam for pain. His swelling has not gone down, he is developing more of it. He can hardly move and can't really support himself at all. He does get a probiotic and has throughout this ordeal. He is pretty lethargic. His eyes are usually half open or closed. It seems like he sleeps a lot during the day.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little guy.....It seems that he was much healthier before all the meds. I've read that Metacam [ if you Google side effects ] can cause swelling and kidney failure. A tiny animal like Ron may just be overwhelmed by all the drugs. It may be too late but I'd get him off that right away, maybe he'll turn around. Just the syringe feeding with plenty of hydration.....but it sounds like he's gone so far downhill, and it really seems more drug related than anything. If you Google the Petmeds website, look at the side effects....swelling, lethargy, loss of appetite, renal failure. I don't think it should be given to such a tiny, tiny animal if it can do cause such problems in a large pet like a dog or cat.

blumhm

Original Poster
We decides to put Ron down today. He was just in such a bad way we didn't think he could come back from it. He have clay paw prints to remember him. Thank you guys for all your advice and help. It was so nice to be able to come on here and get help from people who care. We really appreciated it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry. I truly feel for what you went through, and I know as an animal lover you really tried to help your little guy. I'm really sad that it ended up this way and just want you to know my deepest sympathy goes out to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom