HELP?????? VINYL TILES OK??? FUMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

OK, im designing my cage and i have come acroos that vinyl tiles creat fumes when placed with heat.
is there a special adheisive or glue that is non toxic and will not harm my beardie.
or shold i just go with ceramic tile,or another option??????

please help

thanks,
thomas

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
When in doubt use your best instinct. If something has a smell to it and could potentially be toxic then dont use it. One of the things you should check out is a stone tile store, and ask them if they have any broken samples they want to sell you for cheep or can give you. I have several interesting tiles made of differant stones in my tank now. One is sand stone god for filing the nails, one is some sort of red rock that looks like dried clay and one is slate. I use Washed play sand inbtween the tiles rathe than grout so that I can remove them to clean. And he also has a little rea in the corner that is just sand that he diggs a nest in to sleep. But I do not recommend that you use sand if you have a dragon under 6-7 month's or 12" long, because he coudl become impacted from licking the sand.

muzikfreakah

Juvie Member
We have the same question, I placed mine on yesterday but I did not put adhesive and they also do not come with adhesive attached to them. I went a took a wiff at the VIV this morning and their was no smell, so Guess they are fine :)

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
as far as adhesives or something to hold the tiles in place, most plain sanded grouts have little or no oder so lay the time down and use some spacers and just use the grout, no adhesives. I make mosaics and the grout I use has nothing but a sand smell to it, but I would still just make sure it was dry and fume free before I put him back in to the tank. But I would not use a vinyl tile al by themselves with out heat they smell when you first put them in your kitchen, so I would'nt want my BD breathing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom