Help! Very Aggressive Beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope everything can be worked out. Sometimes the unexpected happens, hope it's nothing too serious. Good luck with that.

Thanks for the update on Nomad. Sounds like he's doing great. Try not to trim off too much on the log, you can always cut a little more but can't put anything back. :p Check back in when you can. :wink:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh, I'm sorry your having a difficult time right now, your in my prayers, we are all here for you and your wife as well as Nomad.

Update us as your able, we will be here.

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
unfortunatly it is pretty serious but I feel it's something that can be worked through

He a lot yesterday! I can't even remember how many times he was at the sides of the glass wanting food. Last night I wish i could have been near my camera at the time because he had crawled off my lap and was laying on my dog (my dog is VERY passive) I had wanted to go get my camera but if I had gotten up my dog would have followed which would have sent Nomad soaring so I had to opt out on that camera shot unfortunatly. I had Nomad sitting with me and told my wife to look at how when he's relaxed his belly is hanging on the ground now. lol there's just something so cute about fat animals. Hmm when I think about all my pets seem to have a weight issue

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Awww,that sure does sounds like it would have been a cute picture :lol: Im happy to hear that he is eating so well too! :D Yeah,it might be a good idea to move his log to the warmer side since he seems to like that log so much.

I hope things go better for you at home.Plz keep in touch ok?

riempies

hey. Sorry to hear about your probs with the beardie... mine tried to bite me once... but just once! when he puffs at me or shows any aggressive behaviour toward me i - and i know this sounds weird - but i take his mouthe between my finger and thumb and just give his head a little shake. not violent or in a way that'll hurt him, just to show who's in control of whom. he's very attached to me and cuddles up to me when he wants to sleep or is feeling cold. i take him everywhere i go and he enjoys riding in the car with me very much! sometimes they just need to be reminded who's the boss... :whip:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
riempies, the aggressive behavior that Nomad was having has been taken care of. It wasn't a case of trying to teach him that he wasn't the boss, it had to do with temp changes that needed to be done & also a dehydration problem. But, everything has been taken care of and Nomad is absolutely like a baby now. :p Jonathan made all the suggested changes & can't believe the change in him.

If your beardie shows that behavior a lot, you might want to take a look at your husbandry issues & see if something may need changing. You'd be very surprised how the wrong temps, etc can make a beardie act negatively.

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
riempies":608d0 said:
hey. Sorry to hear about your probs with the beardie... mine tried to bite me once... but just once! when he puffs at me or shows any aggressive behaviour toward me i - and i know this sounds weird - but i take his mouthe between my finger and thumb and just give his head a little shake. not violent or in a way that'll hurt him, just to show who's in control of whom. he's very attached to me and cuddles up to me when he wants to sleep or is feeling cold. i take him everywhere i go and he enjoys riding in the car with me very much! sometimes they just need to be reminded who's the boss... :whip:

Oh yes. Like was said my problem wasn't that he was just mean. When I started the topic I thought he was just being mean but it was just temperature. Thankfully the people on these boards are very knowledgeable about beardie's and helped greatly in getting Nomad calmed down. I can happily say he's a very good and cuddly beardie now. If your having any problems with yours I would listen to them because I'm confident they can give you suggestions that would help you out

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
puppytoes72":f4b15 said:
Awww,that sure does sounds like it would have been a cute picture :lol: Im happy to hear that he is eating so well too! :D Yeah,it might be a good idea to move his log to the warmer side since he seems to like that log so much.

I hope things go better for you at home.Plz keep in touch ok?

I got the log moved. I cut it just slightly shorter and have it running slightly over and behind (if that makes any sense) his basking rock. It never seems to fail within 20 min of waking up he always goes and climbs the log.

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":c546b said:
riempies, the aggressive behavior that Nomad was having has been taken care of. It wasn't a case of trying to teach him that he wasn't the boss, it had to do with temp changes that needed to be done & also a dehydration problem. But, everything has been taken care of and Nomad is absolutely like a baby now. :p Jonathan made all the suggested changes & can't believe the change in him.

If your beardie shows that behavior a lot, you might want to take a look at your husbandry issues & see if something may need changing. You'd be very surprised how the wrong temps, etc can make a beardie act negatively.

that's for sure! I thought Nomad was just psycho before I came here!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Jonathan, could you give us an update on Nomad when you get a chance? thanks.

hollowed454

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello all. sorry it's been a bit since I was last able to post. Things have been a bit crazy. Nomad is doing really well. he's getting big so quick now! He's currently shedding again. Must be an irritable one too he doesn't want messed with. Just opens his mouth wide and charges. I'll post current pics as soon as he is done with this shed.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hello there,

It is so nice to hear from you, we have all missed you and hope your situation has a "light at the end of the tunnel", so to speak. Sorry to hear that Nomad is having a miserable shed, has he been back to being disagreeable more lately or has it been just during this shed? I'm anxious to see new pics, so when you have a chance, it will be great!

Bugs and wishes to you all

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Hello Jonathan,

How are you and Nomad, we all miss hearing about his progress, and would love an update.

Hoping you and your family are all doing well, let us know, please.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, please give us an update when you can. Hope things have calmed down for you & Nomad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom