help!!!! stressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAVVASTIG

hi my beardie is one month old and i have it 1 week now.... the terrarium is 120x80x80 i use a sunglo 150 watt and a reptiglo 10.0
the temps are 110-115 basking and 90 in the other end of the terrarium.

when my beardie is inside the terrarium it becomes dark in the belly and in its beards. when i cought him and i keep on my hand, it fell asleep and the darkness disappear....

why all these?
thanks!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
One the Reptiglo 10.0 doesn't put out adequate levels of UVB an have been known to cause health issues in beardies. You really should consider replacing it with a Reptisun 10.0 or if not in US an Arcadia 12%. Also you could lower your temps about 5 to 10 degrees 115* is rather high. His being dark while in the viv and putting on his light happy colors when out is his way of telling you something isn't right with his environment.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
115 is too hight to bask in, heed the warnings of the mighty fresnowitte! Out of my own curiosity what is the warms sides general tem and the cold sides general temp? Are the terrariums measurements in CM? or Inches? or what? (im American)

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Basking temps should be between 102 to 108f for a baby 115 is way to high they will dehydrate and become ill.

SBL3

Hatchling Member
I was thinking when i first read this post that the "cool" side being at 90 is damn near basking temps... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom