HELP!!! Something in eyes!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
So Riley has been scratching his face with his legs and pressing his face onto my laptop so i looked at him closely and found that there was something in his eye... here are pics.

CIMG0218_zps022a8d42.jpg

CIMG0214_zps768e21ae.jpg

CIMG0217_zpsf6f7e297.jpg

CIMG0207_zps79443130.jpg

CIMG0213_zps3fb12793.jpg

plz help I'm really worried maybe its dust/sand but idk

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Well do you have news paper or paper towels? Even non adhesive shelf liner works. Those options are way cheaper than a vet bill.

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i did convince my dad to put half of the tank newspaper and the other half with sand on the basking spot... the next time i clean out his cage i will put it full with newspaper :) (ill try) but plz tell me how to get it out

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Ok go get some saline eye wash just the plain . Please tell your dad all of the sand needs to be removed or its just a waste to try and get it out cus the sand will spred all over the tank and when he baskes he will kick the sand around and keep getting the sand dust in his eyes.

daner923

Gray-bearded Member
No, that has chemicals in it that can hurt his eyes. You need some plain saline solution - It's really just salt water, but in a safe proportion for use in eyes. You can find it any any drug store, and it shouldn't be more than a couple dollars. May I ask why your father was so insistent on sand? If he doesn't want to relent on it, we can definitely help show you some resources that you can share with him to show him just how dangerous it can be.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Do you feed her more than 2 aday or does your dad monitor how many? Can you get to the store for the eye saline?

colbsteroon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I feed riley about 3 small superworms (little more than half an inch long) and as many crix he will eat in 15 minutes (usually 6-8) sometimes he gets lazy and will only eat the crix that come near him and i give him a salad made of collard greens and mustard greens and diced baby carrots during the evening.

I might pick up the saline the next time I go grocery shopping but for the man time will water work and if so what temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom