help she threw up and seems out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

alil

Hatchling Member
Just a few mins ago my female chromie threw up a clear liquid. she was on the warm side of her cage and I heared a thumping noise and seen clear liquid on the side of her cage. now she is very tired but breathing. I bathed her a few hours ago and let her roam the house for a bit. she was normal up to that point and it happened out of the blue. I moved her on top of a soft fleece hammock on her cool side. Her cage specs are a new uvb 10.0 tube light inside her cage a basking side of 106 and a cool side of 70. her cage size is 36x18. Is there anything I can do until the vet offices open on Monday since its memorial day weekend.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update she seems to open her eyes a little more but still seems just completely out of it. I cant get a vet visit until monday.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....did you see her drink while in the bath ? It may be that she drank a lot, then since she was out loose she may have become chilled. It's best to put a dragon right back in the heat after bathing/soaking because they can't generate heat like a mammal and are extra cold after a bath. Another possibility is that she grabbed + swallowed something while out roaming. It's possible that she just doesn't feel well now, but will recuperate on her own. Just keep an eye on her, but she'll probably be O.K.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thank you for responding its been on my mind since it happened. When she was in the bath tub I walked in to check on her and she was taking big gulps of water and I checked my my temps and the basking side was not as hot as I thought it was so she might have been chilled. I see in her sand she has a tail trail so she has movement. and she seems to open her eyes. I think she did get into something as well when she was out, she out of all my beardies is the one to get into mischief by hiding behind things and odd places. If there is anything I can do to help her out ill do what I can do.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just keep her warm + let her rest. Hopefully she didn't get in to anything...it was probably just too much water + then possibly her getting chilled.

KarenInCA

Juvie Member
I don't have advise on what to do till you see the vet, but are you sure the vet office is open on Monday? also, is there ANYTHING you can think of, that she might have swallowed? Anything small enough in your room that she might have swallowed? I am often concerned about our BD swallowing a small lego, and also fear that he might some day swallow a med laying on my headboard, if I let him roam in my room.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hello thanks for the response. She seems to be better this morning. Yesterday someone else responded to my repost in the er section saying she probably drank too much water and never warmed up enough. She seems like she will be ok she has her eyes opened and her beard is not as black anymore.

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
woke up this morning she seems better but still slightly out of it. Her eyes are opened and her beard is not as black. ill get her a stronger basking light and let her rest up.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They can oftentimes take in too much water during a bath & it will go down the wrong way.
Definitely keep her tank around 80 or so overnight to help boost her immune system & help ward off a respiratory infection, too.
What are her basking temperatures during the day?
Keep us posted on her. I hope she continues to improve.

Tracie

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
her warm side I thought was above 100 but it was only 98 when I checked yesterday im going to buy a stronger bulb before I go to my relatives house for a cookout today and move her under it on her basking rock. She is recovering her eyes are more open today and she seems to have lifted on of her feet onto the hammock and what I can see of her beard seems to be more white this morning than last night ill keep everyone updated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am glad she has improved so much & that she has a white beard now, too.
That is great her eyes are open now, she is slowly improving. I am happy she is feeling better now!
Hopefully she will be back to normal soon.

Tracie

alil

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
just got back from families house and the first thing I did was check on chromie. She seems to have recovered a lot more. She got off the hammock and went back to her basking rock on the opposite corner with her head held up in the air as if the basking light was there. I think she will be just fine. I thank everyone for their concern and help. but for now its time to let her rest up more and get a good night sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom