Help! Red feces!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie is about 5 months old, we feed him crickets daily, and offer veggies every other day. We were advised to take carrots out of his diet for a while due to the redish-orange color it gave his feces, we did and it went away, we offerd him some again 2 days ago and just today he had a large redish-orange poop. could it be caused be anything other then the carrots? or have the carrots from the other day made him poop red-orange even days later?
any help appreciated, THANKS

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How much carrots were you giving him? It can take several days for things to completely pass through their system. What type of supplementation are you giving to him?
Is it "red" or "orange"? That is a huge difference in determining whether or not it is blood, or food being processed out.

Tracie

Ducky61706

Original Poster
well, I would say that he only eats carrots out of the selection of fruits/ veggies I give him. He eats them like 2-3 chunks at a time :D if it takes a few days to process them then I guess Im not so worried about it, I just thought most of the things pass through him so quicklyyy. I give him white powder reptical with vitamin D
Thanks for your feedback :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yea, well some things take longer to process than others. The stool was more orangish than reddish though? It converted to beta carotene which is orange in nature so that is most likely the culprit. :D
Good, the repcal calcium with D3 is a good supplement. Do you give any vitamins?

Tracie

Ducky61706

Original Poster
we havnt been giving him any other supplements, I know we should get herptivite but we havnt yet. and Yes, I would say that it was more orange than red.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, good. That was what I was hoping to hear. Orange is MUCH better than red. Is everything going better now?
Just when you can, get the herptivite, it will help him out. :D

Tracie

Ducky61706

Original Poster
thanks for your interest :) Everything is quite better, he seems a little lathargic like he doesnt really move off of his log unless he has to poop then he basks under his other light... but other then that he seems great :) thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good he is doing pretty well now. You mentioned that he is a little lethargic? Are his temps all correct & how do you measure them?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom