Help! really unusual behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

XavierCh

so spike has been acting really weird for the past couple of days, hes not eating and always pacing around tapping the glass with his face and his beard will turn really black...not just dark but black...and he will do this until i take him out...then hes fine but he still wont eat...horn worms crickets, supers, wax, nothing...not even his greens....everything is still the same in his set up nothing has changed can some one help?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
What UV light are you using, how old is it, how close can your dragon get to it? What is the basking temperature, what size enclosure? Do you bathe?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those are usually signs of spring fever, in the wild they would be off looking for a mate, in captivity they are stuck with no options, which they don't understand. It doesn't hurt to list the things Beardednoob mentioned, but it's probably just him getting restless.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
AHBD":fs4z9wf7 said:
Those are usually signs of spring fever, in the wild they would be off looking for a mate, in captivity they are stuck with no options, which they don't understand. It doesn't hurt to list the things Beardednoob mentioned, but it's probably just him getting restless.

Thor is in his spring fever mode right now! LOL guy doesn't quit, very persistent. :wink:

XavierCh

Original Poster
he has a reptisun 10.0 and he has a spot where he can be 7 inches away from it....cool side is 86 and warm side is 95 with basking being 105...reading all with digital thermometers and his enclosure is 36 x 18 x 18....and yes i do bathe him...mostly every 2-3 days for about 15-20 minutes....so these are signs of spring fever and he wants a mate?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Yep, two of my males are doing this everyday until they tire themselves out. It is shown as just flat out trying to get out of the enclosure, weather it be glass dancing or jumping and smacking into the screen cover. This restlessness in males would be this as long as everything else is in line, in females it would be they are gravid and seeking a lay spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom