Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatafish

Hi I have a 3 month old beardie who doesn't seem to eat that much, I've had it for about 3 and a half weeks and its never really eaten more than 10-20 insects a day. I started off feeding it crickets but it now will not touch them (or at least I haven't seen it eat many recently), however when I put some locusts in it eats them straight away but usually no more than about 10. I also put fresh greens in every day but it only eats a few bits and every now and again I put some woodlice (which I breed) in the tank which it goes crazy for. The little guy (Orion) has grown in the 3 weeks but very slowly and has been pooping every day and sometimes twice a day. My tank is set up properly and the temperatures are spot on.
Should I be worried or do some beardies just not eat as much as others?

LJean

Extreme Poster
There are some beardies that don't eat as much as others. Mine is getting ready for a shed and has slowed down in eating. Does it look like your beardie is about to shed?

laboyett

what times of the day do you feed?

i know that with my beardie, he will ONLY eat at night for some reason. He won't touch anything throughout the day. I have tried and tried to get him to eat earlier. I used to be very concerned but he is growing just fine and when he does eat...he's a pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom