Help please?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I have a bit of a situation going on. I'm gonna try to explain this the best I can.

I've had Lil Gunns (my first beardie - male) since last September. He was a baby when we got him. And an "only child". He's always clung to my boyfriend more than me. They're best pals. Lol.

About 2 weeks ago, I rescued a male adult beardie named Blade. Since I brought him home Lil Gunns has been a pest. Lil Gunns will black beard him, destroy his tank and head bob non stop. They're in separate vivs. As of right now they are across the room from each other until I get a metal shelving unit and put them both on it so ones on top. However, since one side of Lil Gunns viv faces an open space and a window to outside and sun light. I put a towel on the side of his viv that faces Blade to lessen then stress.

Needless to say, Lil Gunns is still at it. He's always been a little punk. But more so now. He has NEVER bit anyone before. A few days ago, my boyfriend took him out and he bit my boyfriends finger. Tonight, we took Lil Gunns out again and he tried to bite him again. I'm desperate for help. I feel like his actions are consequences to getting a new beardie. It makes me feel like a horrible mother. But I also don't wanna give Blade up again. The poor thing just got rescued.

What do I do?!

Feline

Can you put Blade in another room?! I'm afraid covering up the tank with just a towel isn't doing any good as LG can still smell the presence of B. :? Would washing your hands in between handling them help LG to not bite so he cannot smell B?! I don't know if that will work. This is quite a sticky situation. :? I am sorry I don't have a better solution. If you have to rehome Blade, please let me know. I'm not far from you so I can adopt him if it comes to that. But I hope you won't have to take that route. Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom