Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassie

So I just got a baby beardie last night. Well I tried to feed it some crickets today and he was scared of them. I've never had this problem before. I have a 2yr old beardie that has been like a hunting machine since the day I brought him home as a baby. I also tried some small dubias after i removed all the crickets. S/he won't go near those either. It runs from them just like it did with the crickets. Any advice as to what I should do?

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
Give her a couple of days before you start to panic too much.

Her appetite might be suppressed due to the relocation stress
and in a couple of days she might start eating without any problems.

Rico did the same thing on his first couple of days (ie running away from the food).
This morning he went through 30 dubias...

kio

I agree with soulwind wait a while maybe put out some greens and see if he/she likes those better than just ease her into the food.

Cassie

Original Poster
I have been putting greens in. It's only been 2 days now but s/he still hasn't touched anything. Tried some crickets again this morning and still nothing but the beardie trying to escape away from them. How long is too long for a baby not to eat?

kio

I'm not sure exactly I think around a week. Just try 1 or two crickets also how big are your crickets. They might be to big for her.

Cassie

Original Poster
They are small crickets. They're not too big, I only put 3 in there this morning. All she did was run away from them. I took them out after a few minutes because she was just freaking out and trying to climb up the glass to get away from them. I didn't want to stress her too much. Good news though is I seen her take a bite if her greens. I think petsmart only feeds that freeze dried crap so she's just not use to live food.

kio

If you wanna make sure they are right measure the space between her eyes and thats how big the crickets should be. Its great that she is starting to eat, have you tried giving her a bath? If you run a some warm water in the tub (not to high) it might help her destress. Rub her back and splash water on it to.

Cassie

Original Poster
I haven't tried a bath. I was afraid that she might be too small. She is really chill though if I hold her. She just wraps her legs around my finger and goes to sleep. I will take a pic of her and see if I can post it.

kio

A pic will be great any aged beardie can take a bath. If you show me a pic I can tell you about how high the water needs to be and wether you should put him in a sink/bath.

Cassie

Original Poster
babybeardie_zps0dc4c88a.jpg

newbeardie_zps622f79b3.jpg

Im thinking a bath in the sink or even a large size deli cup would be best. I may even have a small tub I can use.

kio

He is beautiful! I recommend that you use the sink and feel it up to around his little ankles (the nails the palm then the ankles). :blob5:

Cassie

Original Poster
Okay, thanks for all your replies. I appreciate all the help. Its been awhile since I had a beardie this small. I'm so nervous! Hopoefully s/he will do well, I'm hoping it turns out to be a she.

kio

Yeah its hard to tell while they are still so young but eventually you'll be able to tell! :mrgreen: Your welcome I hope it helps!

SmeagulOP

Ehh that big toe makes me think it's a he so you're probably out of luck on that one. Also my new baby I got I've had for 5 days and only 2 crix a day at most. Although he is shedding...

kio

The toes actually dont tell the sex. If you lift the tail and take a picture of the underside I might be able to tell. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom