Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive owned my dragon for just under a week h/she is only 3months old and whilst handleing ronnie tonight h/she went all limp h/she front legs went underneath his body for a few seconds and then went back to normal, anyway i placed ronnie back in his viv and everything seemed normal for about an hour, then all off a sudden his back leg curled over him the he lay on his belly with his front legs underneath his chest almost as though he was playing dead, that lasted for a few seconds, he then got up and head bopped :( any advise would be grateful as im a new mum and want the best for my ronnie so thanks in advace.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I already answered your other thread but since this one is in a better place I will just answer this one.

Did it seem like he was twitching, or having a seizure?

What uvb light are you using?
Do you dust with calcium?
What are the temps in your tank?
And what substrate are you housing on?

-Brandon

sunnysideup

Original Poster
claudiusx":nvyuofy7 said:
I already answered your other thread but since this one is in a better place I will just answer this one.

Did it seem like he was twitching, or having a seizure?

What uvb light are you using?
Do you dust with calcium?
What are the temps in your tank?
And what substrate are you housing on?

-Brandon
Uvb dont know the make but my local reptile guy recommended it,
yes to calcium
temps are 95/105 during day and 74 at night
substrate, just lino
yes he was twitching only hes left back leg. Hope ive made sense and thanks for replying.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Can you turn off your uvb bulb and check it really fast? It should have some writing on the bulb that tells the brand and what not.

Is it a compact bulb, or a tube bulb?

What do you mean by your substrate is Lino?
What are you measuring your temps with? A temp gun? A digital thermometer with a probe, or a dial stick on thermometer?

How often do you dust your feeders a week? And how many feeders do you give your dragon and what are the feeders?
How often does your dragon poo.

-Brandon

sunnysideup

Original Poster
claudiusx":632yd54t said:
Can you turn off your uvb bulb and check it really fast? It should have some writing on the bulb that tells the brand and what not.

Is it a compact bulb, or a tube bulb?

What do you mean by your substrate is Lino?
What are you measuring your temps with? A temp gun? A digital thermometer with a probe, or a dial stick on thermometer?

How often do you dust your feeders a week? And how many feeders do you give your dragon and what are the feeders?
How often does your dragon poo.

-Brandon
The uvb is a tube light called repti glow.
sorry substrate is tiles
as for measuring temps we have dial thermometer
weve only had him a week and were dusting his feeds everyday, hes only eating on average 6 a day, he aint touching is worms and hes had a little green.
he poos every other day.

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
ReptiGlo is not good. its been known to cause health issues. we had reptiglo for a few months but we switched it to ReptiSUN fluroscent tube just in case. Also reptiglo doesn't give out so much UVB cause young dragons need a lot of it to not get a MBD (metabolic bone disease).

Dust his crickets with calcium eevryday and only twice a week with multivitamine. And Switch to ReptiSUN 10.0 fluroscent tube As fast as you can. and when there is any sun go with him outside or put him on places where the sun Shines (trough glass it wont give any UV lights).Natural Sun is always better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom