HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
OK since I TRIED posting this in health AND NOBODY CAN SEE MY POST SINCE EVERYONE KEEPS BUMPING POST UP

... Ill try in here

IM ASKING this question not just for my self but for all new beardie owners.

First winter is coming up i own a 2 and a half month old beardie and i live in ohio.

What do i need to do to prepare for winter for him?

Extra diet? Extra heat sorce at night? Extra vits?

Any information will not just help me but will help all new beardie owners that look at this post thankyou for contrubiting :3 :blob5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Your baby beardie shouldn't brumate. The adults you need to adjust their light times on and off. But the babies I would just keep the lighting/heating the same and feed him the same.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Yep, really nothing needs to change if your dragon isn't brumating. If your house gets below 65* at night then you should put in a heat emitter but thats it.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
alright ty guys i know he is ghoing down for the winter but it gets really cold in my room (since it was made from the garage it gets down to 45 in the winter) so was just wondering if the diet or heating should change during winter for a baby/juvi

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since the room gets so cold at night during the winter, you will indeed need to get a ceramic heat emitter. You may possibly have to increase the bulb wattage of the heat bulb as the temps cool off during the day too. It's always a good idea to check the temps as the seasons change and to also make sure you are using an accurate device, either an infrared temperature gun or a digital thermometer with a long wire & probe end. As long as the temps are good so that he can digest properly, there is no need to change the feeding at all, continue to offer all the live feeders he can eat in about 10 to 15 minutes twice a day and have fresh greens available all the time. Does that help with your answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom