Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puff used to hang around under his basking lamp all day and would jump the second I dropped crickets in there. Now, he is very slow to get them but he does. He used to eat carrots all the time and he occasionally snacks on them. He now sleeps in the corner of his cage. He has little gnats that fly around his cage, regardless of how often I clean it because of the carrots in there. I am wondering if anyone has any clues as to what is going on?
Also, he used to snatch the cricket the first time he would spit out his tongue. Now it is almost as if his tongue lost its stickyness. He has proper temps etc.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Lethargy and sluggish movements can be a sign of many things.

My beardie has been behaving similarly recently, and I found out he had both pinworms and coccidia.

Taking a fecal sample to the vet could eliminate parasites. Trust me, if he has parasites, it's best to catch them early. Otherwise you might be stuck with months of treatment.

What type of UV do you use? What type of heat lamps? What are the temps?

Hope he feels better soon!!

baskingbeardie1

Original Poster
he's got a 60w flood light and the one long, thin 16w UVB. I forget. Repti Sun maybe? It's the one recommended on here.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
baskingbeardie1":04212 said:
he's got a 60w flood light and the one long, thin 16w UVB. I forget. Repti Sun maybe? It's the one recommended on here.
The ReptiSun 10.0 is a highly reccommended bulb. When did you last replace it?

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Great. Husbandry sounds good.

Did you get a fecal check done? Parasites are the only thing that comes to mind that fits your description, since your husbandry is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom