Help not sure what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so on 12/14 my female who was mated layer a Clutch of 29 eggs. They are being Incubated. But she just started digging around again all over the place. Can you help me out here. I know she can't be trying to lay more. Could she be egg bound? I don't feel any eggs... She is drinking and eating and acting normal other then the digging. Could she be looking for her eggs ?

Andres07

She is fine. She probably wants to brumate she will dig to get comfortable. You shouldnt be worried. Only worry when she stops eating or starts acting abnormal. She just wants to keep digging is all. And they dont look for the eggs after. In the wild they lay them in the place they were buried to let the climate of the wild incubate their eggs. Sometimes bearded dragons are so over exhausted from layig eggs it takes alot of protein and nutrients to do that. So if she is lacking protein and nutrients she will eat the eggs. But your saying shes eating and acting normal so i wouldnt be worried. The eating the eggs is just and FYI for future references. Lol

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is possible she might have a few eggs that were not laid from the previous clutch recently. They will lay several clutches from one mating, probably 4-5 weeks apart, so, be ready.
Are you giving extra calcium while she is going through this? You wont be able to feel the eggs probably until late stage anyway.
Is her beard normal colored or is it dark?

Tracie

DragonMama1012

Original Poster
Drache613":1gdv37kv said:
Hello,

It is possible she might have a few eggs that were not laid from the previous clutch recently. They will lay several clutches from one mating, probably 4-5 weeks apart, so, be ready.
Are you giving extra calcium while she is going through this? You wont be able to feel the eggs probably until late stage anyway.
Is her beard normal colored or is it dark?

Tracie

Yes she is on extra Calcium still and he beard is normal

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great her beard is normal then & that you have her on extra calcium. Continue the extra calcium in case she is developing more eggs. It really does zap their stores!
Is she still trying to scratch & dig right now?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom