Help! No idea what's wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My baby is about 4 months old now
Recently we had to bring her in because she hurt her leg, she apperantly pulled a muscle. The vet said to give her a few weeks and she should be better. It's been two weeks and she seems worse. Very tired looking, hiding a lot, she's barely been eating and she stopped shedding in the middle of a shed.
We've been trying everything and don't know what could be wrong. We are taking a fecal sample on Saturday but if anyone could give me some insight into what could be going on I'd really appreciate it. Please!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you review your tank setup such as your type/brand of UVB light & supplementation schedule?
Did the vet give you any medication to give to her?
Some pictures would be helpful, just so we can see her leg.
A fecal exam is a good idea, so I am glad you are doing that on saturday. If she isn't eating then
you could get some chicken or turkey baby food mixed with sweet potato or squash baby food to
help her out right now.
Be sure her basking spot has been lowered so she doesn't hurt herself further.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Kayladrowne

Original Poster
Sorry
She's in a 60 gallon her substrate is repti carpet and her basking is 98 to 100 and her cool side 85 I don't know what her uvb is my boyfriend bought it he said it was a good one but I know the basking one is a 150 watt ( we need it because her tank is so tall)
She gets calcium 5 times a week and multi vitamin 2 times
We just changed her calcium because we thought she may be getting too much d3 but we weren't sure the previous bulb she had was a mercury vapor one so we changed that out too

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your supplementation sounds fine to me. Which UVB light did you change to now & how close is it to her?
How is she doing now, has she been eating & basking since this happened?
You can post some pictures of your new light also.
If she has a mercury vapor bulb, most times you wont need D3, but just regular calcium. Or the T5 high output bulbs, they are strong also.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom