help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

debz

do i leave my 9 month old beardies heat light on 24/7?
just got my beardie 2 days ago without a uv light got him one today a 10.0 repti glo as far as i know hes not had a uv light for at least 2 week would it denifit him if i left it on over night tonight or should i still turn it off .i plan to turn his uv on when i get up on a morning 8 amish and turn it off again when it gets dark outside.

Beardies are diurnal, meaning they sleep at night. Having the UV light on 24 hours would disrupt their day cycle. I would recommend just making sure you have it turned on during the day time, and off at night. Not much you can do to make up for the time he didn't have one. It's good you have one now though! :)

debz

Original Poster
thank you but can you let me know about his heat lamp pls the first night i turned it off but he was very lethargic the morning after

What kind of heat lamp is it? Does it give off visible light? Is it a red bulb? If it is red you can choose to leave it on or turn it off. Many people believe the red light disrupts their sleep a bit, and to be honest heat isnt really necessary at night because even in the wild the temperature drops at night. Especially at this time of year, I would say no heat lamp is required at night.

debz

Original Poster
thanks for the info sasy its just a white heat bulp in a wire cage it came with his viv ,i will turn it off at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom