Help needed with stand plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbluex

Juvie Member
Hello everyone! I need some help with building a stand. I am so horrible with construction, the things I have built in the past I wouldn't dare trust putting my beardies on top of. I know that there are alot of you out there who are experts at woodworking/building this kind of stuff so I was hoping one(or some) of you might be able to help.
The stand needs to be 48in long x 30 in wide x 30 in tall. It's going to be just 2x4's and plywood. Also I want to stack 2 tanks on it, the bottom tank will be 48x30x18, and the top one will be 36x30x24. I was told that if I put the 36 on top of the 48 that I need to make a brace for it, would it be okay if there was just a piece of wood under it or what? I didn't understand what they meant by brace?
It doesn't have to look pretty. So long as it's strong and functional I'll be happy.
Any help on this would be so great! I'm totally lost here.

xbluex

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I guess what I'm thinking of would have to be more like a rack. I want the bottom to be like a stand, very short, then it needs to come up to support a tank on the top of the bottom tank. That link is very helpfull, but the part I'm confused about is how to build it up another level, and have it still be sturdy and strong enough to support both tanks, both filled with sand(very heavy!)

shanerp69

I built a few of these off this websites plans and they each support 2 48x24x30 melamine with sand and the bottom I left for a slide out shelf for my cricket tote's(soon to be roach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom