Help needed making 1 story into 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drstepherz

Zoe is currently in the top part of a converted hutch-style desk. I am trying to figure out a way to use the bottom half so she will have more room. Im not sure how she will be able to climb back up to the top floor. Stairs? a ramp? Diagonally it would be about 2 feet of ramp/stairs. Im also not sure if I should open the entire floor up or just make a small opening to get downstairs. Any ideas are much appreciated!! :)

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
i cant quite understand what it is youve got him in. is it possible you could draw a quick sketch in paint and show us what your trying to do?

ramps work well so long as they have slats or holes to catch their nails on. otherwise it will probably be too slick and steep for them to climb. i have one dragon who drives me nut because he takes FOREVER to scartch his way up the ramp. he could just as easily climb up to the top via a different route but he likes his slate ramp :roll: .

Drstepherz

Original Poster
ok yea paint was a good idea. I wondered if my post made sense :p Heres a quick drawing of the current setup, and the red line is where i want to put a ramp. Im not sure how wide it should be, what it should be made out of and how large the hole between the floors should be. thanks!

zoeViv.jpg

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
ok, now i see. so were you going to remove the drawers and make that the downstairs or is the whole under part of the desk supposed to be it?

Drstepherz

Original Poster
I am not totally sure but since the top level of her viv isnt big enough (based on the minimums I have read about on here) I thought I would give her the most room possible. This would mean getting rid of the drawers and making it open like the top.

pwargcm

you cut a hole in one corner. lets say like 6" by 6". then have diagonal ramp, stairs, log to be stylish, or something. maybe a netting kind of deal to act as a diagonal ladder. then you have basically 2 vivs. itd be cool.

ackie

this is how i did it in the first pic it looks like 2 vivs but it is really one with a hole cut to let them go up and down and they do use it the whole thing measures 6x4x2
IMGP3674.jpg

this is th hole they use to go up and down just with a log through the hole to allow them to get up there
IMGP3676.jpg

ewstokes

Juvie Member
ackie":ace6f said:
this is how i did it in the first pic it looks like 2 vivs but it is really one with a hole cut to let them go up and down and they do use it the whole thing measures 6x4x2
IMGP3674.jpg

this is th hole they use to go up and down just with a log through the hole to allow them to get up there
IMGP3676.jpg

Thats a really neat enclosure that you built but if I were you I would make 2 more cages and seperate your dragons. Dragons are known to attack without prevocation or warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom