Help my setup please

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that you found the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube. Since you have that one, you really don't need the Zilla UVB and there have been some health issues when using those. It's also important that they have an area where there is no UVB so they can escape it if they want so if I were you, I would remove the Zilla entirely.

How is she acting and eating?

acdcman75

Original Poster
She basks and sometimes runs at the desert background thinking she can climb it I guess... she eats a lot of dubias and I'll remove the reptisun tube just don't wanna lose her to uvb deficiency

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You misunderstood me, I meant to remove the Zilla brand UVB, leave the Repti-Sun bulb in. That puts out enough UVB and if it is 6 to 8" from her while she is in her basking spot and you're dusting regularly with the calcium, you shouldn't have to worry about UVB deficiency.

As mentioned, there have been health issues involved with using the Zilla UVB's, some serious, that's why I recommended you remove just THAT bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom