[HELP]My roommate is taking care of my dragon for a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBears

My roommate is taking care of my bearded dragon while I go back home to California for the holidays. He has an arachnaphobia and crickets scare the crap out of him. He said that worms are fine, but not anything spider-like. I'm thinking about ordering phoenix worms, but I'm ignorant to them and I am unsure if they are a good diet for my dragon. My dragon is 7.5 inches long, so which size should I purchase (I'm thinking medium)? Are there any other worm feeders that you would suggest or have any suggestions for me?

Thanks for your help/advice!

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
Phoenix worms are very nutritious and high in calcium so you don't need to dust them. They are VERY small so I would go for the largest size available. Silkworms are also a good choice but these are a lot bigger so you would probably need small or medium in these.

cricket119

Hatchling Member
Phoenix worms are great! Your roommate should use a tweezers to pick the worms out of their sawdust like bedding. Your beardie could eat 50-100 a day. So order enough to last!! I use them as a feeder.So much easier than crickets! A little more expensive though. But worth it!! Good luck! Chris

Lsorrent

Juvie Member
Phoenix worms are a wonderful feeder for your dragon. They're very calcium-rich so your roommate won't even have to dust them. Definitely get the large size, because they're really small. Check out http://www.phoenixworm.com to order. They give some decent deals if you buy large quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maryjane91383
Top Bottom